Learn and Create Artist Trading Cards – Hands-on Workshops
I am scheduling hands-on learning workshops at my home in Bella Vista, AR. They are each three hours long. 9am-noon. I will provide all the materials. Donation of $10 each student is suggested to cover cost of supplies. Limit of 4 students for each workshop.
I have no Workshop dates set at this time.
Artist Trading Cards are small artworks created the same size as baseball trading cards. The artist uses various mediums and materials to create his/her small art pieces and then trades (and sometimes sells) these cards to other artists or collectors. You can see some that artists sell by searching eBay or Etsy. However, there are many groups worldwide who trade their created small art cards amongst themselves. Some of them are awesome little works of art that are free when traded and definitely inexpensive when purchased as a collector from your favorite artist.
In the Workshop, you will learn to create these small works of art on trading cards and trade them with other artists both in person and online. Create a collection of traded cards from artists all over the world and send your own small art to other collectors worldwide.
Learn what ATCs are and see many examples during the workshop
There will be hands-on creation of up to five of your own ATC art cards using colored pencils/markers, acrylics, papers, etc, and bling.
Workshop Duration: 3 hours
Time: 9am-noon (two different dates)
Location: 49 Norwood Drive, Bella Vista, AR
Cost: $10 per person suggested donation to cover supply cost.
The following supplies are provided:
- Five (5) Blank ATC size cards and one blank holographic card.
- Protective covers for 5 cards created at the workshop
- Shared pencils
- Shared Acrylic paints
- Shared Small brushes
- Shared Colored Pencils
- Shared Colored Markers
- Shared pastel chalk
- Shared scissors
- shared glue
- 9 hole page protector sheet for your own binder (2 sheets)
- Various design papers and ribbons available to use
- Some stencils to share at the workshop
- Various blings and decorations you can use on your cards.
- Printed standard backing labels to add card artist name/media/location, etc.
I will provide iced tea and chips for snacks.
Bring the following supplies for yourself:
- A 3-ring binder to place your finished ATC cards in (I recommend 1 or 1 1/2 inch 3 hole binder)
- One paper towel roll
- A tote to hold your binder, paper towel roll, and binder.
Prepare yourself for creating by viewing some these great doodle images online. Snap a screen shot of a few with your smart phone or ipad and save them for future reference while you create.
- Some cool mushroom doodle images
- Some cool floral doodle images
- Some Cool bug doodle images
- Some Cool butterfly doodle images
- Some sample finished Artist Trading Cards
Some images of mine and a friends finished ATCS: